Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Newsletter: Mrs. Whatcott's Weekly Newsletter

I used Google Docs to create a newsletter for the parents and students in my classroom. In the newsletter I created I included information about upcoming events, upcoming birthdays, spelling words, homework reminders, tips and I also included our classroom spotlight of a student in our classroom. Part of my students homework each day is to read for 20min, they are to read books at grade-level and report to a parent, another adult, or myself on what they understood about the book they read. The newsletters purpose to make sure both the students and parents are on board and understand what is expected and what is to come in my classroom. Google Docs is a great tool to use to create a newsletter because it has a few different templates that you can use to create your newsletter. There are also many different resources you can use to help make your newsletter attractive for both the students and the parents. I have definitely not mastered this tool yet and still have more to learn about how to use Google Docs so I can make it a more attraction newsletter but I am glad I got to experiment with this tool and will continue to experiment so I can include more backgrounds and images that will help my newsletters improve. Students can also learn how to create newsletters using Google Docs or other tools to create a newsletter for an upcoming event in their own life whether that be a birthday party, soccer game, school play they might be in, etc. Newsletters are great to learn how to make and their are many tools out there to help create a newsletter you like.














Reading: Foundation Skills Standard 4  
Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
a. Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.

ISTE: Creative Communicator
I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media.

Educational Technology Standard 5:
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3,4)

Mrs. Whatcott's Class Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment