Friday, April 7, 2017

Prezi: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring

I absolutely loved learning how to use Prezi and I am excited to continue to create more presentations with it so I can really learn how to master this tool. I like Prezi because you can add lots of pictures and videos to your presentation. I also love the way it is set up and all the different ways you can zoom in and out to get to the next key term, picture, or definition. I used Prezi to teach my classroom full of 1st graders about the four seasons in a year. This presentation will help them compare each season and the seasonal weather changes, they will also be able to identify characteristics of the seasons while observing each picture and learning the four seasons song found on youtube. My students will have the opportunity to learn how to use this tool in my classroom, if they too enjoy this tool they will have the opportunity to make a Prezi presentation and share it with the class. My students will also be making presentations about the weather but will go in more details about the characteristics of weather such as precipitation, windy, foggy, sunny, rainy, etc. They will be observing and recording the weather and the changes they see, then they will make a presentation using one of the tools they have learned about in class to make a presentation showing the results they found. This tool will help my students for future years to come. They will have many opportunities in their life to present information and Prezi is a great tool to do so.



Science Standard 2: 1st grade
Objective 3: Compare and contrast seasonal weather changes
a. Identify characteristics of the seasons of the year.

ISTE: Global Collaborator
I strive to broaden my perspective, understand others and work effectively in teams using digital tools.

Educational Technology Standard 8:
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5,6)

No comments:

Post a Comment