Wednesday, April 5, 2017

eduCreations: Commutative & Associative Addition

eduCreations is a great tool to use when teaching students in the classroom, online, or even to use as a resource for students who need extra help at home. I used eduCreations to help my students learn more about Commutative & Associative properties of addition. The students will have access to my video at school and at home but my main purpose for making the video is for the students to have access to it at home while they are doing their homework. I included the worksheet they were given to complete for homework in my video. The students will be able to review the video at home to help them with their homework.
I like eduCreations because you can add or draw things while you are teaching so the students can see you teaching in action and it helps make things more clear. This tool is also very easy to use, I used my Ipad to create my video which made writing and drawing very easy. This is also a great tool for students to use because it is so easy. I will show this tool to my students and have them use it to create a lesson to reteach what they learned about a certain subject to another student who may be struggling.



Math: Grade 1 
Operations and Algebraic thinking
Standard 1.OA.3: Apply properties of operations as strategies to add & subtract.

ISTE: Knowledge Constructor 
I critically select, evaluate, and synthesis digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.

Educational Technology Standard 8:
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5,6)

No comments:

Post a Comment