Saturday, April 8, 2017

EDpuzzle: Lets tell time

Okay I LOVED using EDpuzzle between EDpuzzle and EduCreations I feel more confident about finding videos and sharing videos in my classroom. I really like EDpuzzle because it is designed for teachers to have easy access to videos online. To find a video all you have to do is search the topic you will be teaching in your classroom and a plethora of videos are available to watch and choose from. Another thing I really like about Edpuzzle is you don't have to show the whole video to your students, sometimes there are only parts of the video that are applicable, this was my case. I found this great video on teaching children how to tell time but it was longer and I didn't want to show the whole video. Edpuzzle allowed me to clip out parts of the video allowing me to choose exactly what I want to share with my class. EduPuzzle also allows you to add your own voice to the video, I recorded my voice teaching how to tell time a little bit differently than the voice on this video did but for some reason I could not get it to save my new recording so I ended up leaving his voice, however I was able to add questions for students to answer during the video. I LOVE that! This helps make the video more interactive for your students. I have assigned my students this video as a homework assignment. They are to go home watch the video and answer the question. The best part is I have access and can see who answers the questions and can grade them on their assignment really easily using this tool. I have also set it up so my students can not skip through the video just to rush through and answer the questions, they have to watch all of it so they can soak up all the information they need about telling time on a analog and digital clock.



Measurement and Data: Math Grade 1
Standard 1.MD.3: Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.

ISTE: Knowledge Constructor 
I critically select, evaluate, and synthesis digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.

Educational Technology Standard 8:
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5,6)

No comments:

Post a Comment