Saturday, March 11, 2017

PodOmatic: Sun & Moon podcast



At first I was not excited about making a podcast and using PodOmatic as a tool, I thought that I would feel uncomfortable and awkward recording myself to teach my students but as I attempted to record myself it was as uncomfortable or awkward as I thought and in fact it was pretty fun. I feel that this will be a great tool to teach my students to use because most children wont have a problem with recording their voices and will find it very fun. This tool will allow them to communicate in a different way and present information to their classmates or others in a fun and interactive way. The students will be given time in class to experiment with this tool and will them be given an assignment to make a podcast to teach another student about a specific subject they have recently learned. For students who may not have access to a computer I will give them differently opportunities to come in and use our classroom computers, they may choose to stay in for recess and work on their podcast, or even after school if parents allow.
I used this tool to give instructions to my class about the new science activity we did, I also used it to express our classroom results and findings from the activity.

Science Standard 2: Grade 1
Earth and Space Science. Students will gain an understanding of Earth and Space Science through the study of earth materials, celestial movement, and weather.
Objective 2: Observe and describe the changes and appearance of the sun and moon during daylight.
a. Observe the sun at different times during the day and report observations to peers.
b. Observe and chart the moon when it is visible during the day.

ISTE: Creative Communicator
I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media.

Educational Technology Standard 8:
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5,6)

Sun & Moon Episode 1
Sun & Moon Episode 2
Sun & Moon Episode 3
Sun & Moon Episode 4

No comments:

Post a Comment