Friday, March 10, 2017

StoryBird: Fun with friends

StoryBird was such a fun and cute tool to use and I really enjoyed creating a story to teach my students about participating in activities together. StoryBird is free, easy to use, and has a ton of different templets to choose from to help you create your story. I love how each templet is full of different images you can choose from to help you illustrate your story. This tool benefits both the students and the teachers and can be used for so many different things in the classroom or at home. The students in my classroom will have the opportunity to express their ideas and bring their creativity to the next level. They will be able to use this tool to show the things they have learned. I love that the students can work on their projects here in the classroom on our computers but I also love that they can continue to work on their projects at home or somewhere outside of the classroom where they have access to a computer. I loved learning about this tool and I love that the students will be able to keep their stories for as long as they want and they can share them with others. I highly recommend this tool and will be using it my classroom. But not only will I be using this tool as a teacher I will be using this tool outside of work and in my home as a mom. I think its very important to read to our children and I want my children to develop a love of reading and learning. I will definitely be using this tool to create books to show my children and will be teaching them how to create their own books so they can express themselves and let their creativity show. I love this tool that much!




Physical Education Standard 1.5.4: Grade 1
Discuss the enjoyment of participating in activities with others.

ISTE: Knowledge Constructor 
I critically select, evaluate, and synthesis digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.

Educational Technology Standard 5:
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3,4)



No comments:

Post a Comment