Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Blog #5 UDL Action & Expression (Formative)

  1. How can Principle 2: Action & Expression: Formative Assessment be effectively integrated into your teaching?
Formative Assessments can be effectively integrated into teaching using formal and informal assessment procedures. Some tools you can use for Action and Expression: Formative Assessments are AnswerGarden, Interactive White Boards, Kahoot, TimeToast, Word Cloud, Popplet, ThingLink, and one of my favorites StoryBird. We used StoryBird to assess third graders on Reading/Literature Standard 3. They are to create a story in StoryBird where they describe a character in a story (their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events. 

  1. How will this help your students?
I think this will help my students be engaged in learning and will help them feel less stress when it comes to assessments because they are done in fun interactive ways. This will also help them have a desire to learn and will help them be creative in the ways they express what they learned. And finally I think this will help my students understand technology better and how they can use it to help them learn and express themselves in a good way. 

  1. What are your goals with regard to this topic?
My goals are to become more familiar with some of the different tools you can use for formative assessments and practice using them so I can show my students how to use them and help get them excited about using these different tools. My goal is also to find more tools that were not mentioned that could be useful in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment