Thursday, March 1, 2018

Blog #8 UDL Engagement

1. How Will WebQuests help your students?
WebQuests can be helpful for students because they can go to the WebQuest and see a fully written lesson that they can follow. This is great because students can work at their own pace to complete the lesson on their own. This is also great for students who miss school for any reason, they can access the lesson from home. Using a WebQuest will not only help you teach but it will also help yield specific learning outcomes for your students. By using WebQuests students will be exposed to more technology and different tools as they navigate through the WebQuests.

2. What are your goals with regard to this topic?
My goals with WebQuest is to learn more about it by exploring with my own WebQuest and by looking up other WebQuests teachers have made for examples of different ways I can use a WebQuest in my classroom. Honestly, I wasn't excited about having to make a WebQuest and learning about it because I had heard from other students in the past talk about how they didnt like making a WebQuest. Therefore, another goal of mine is to enjoy making our WebQuest and to use it in the future. I love the idea of having a fully written lesson for students to access before, during, or after class. So I am excited to become more familiar with WebQuest and to use it in my classroom to help my students learn.

3. How does this shape your vision for empowered learning for your students?
Using WebQuests help shape my vision for empowered learning for my students because they are the ones who navigate their learning through the WebQuests, they are the ones taking the "lead." WebQuests are a way to help engage students and get them to participate in their own learning. I love how the layout of a WebQuest is simple enough for students to navigate once they are shown. If we as the teachers use it right then the lesson in the WebQuest can be engaging, fun, and can be a unique way for students to learn the material. It can also be a good to switch up how you teach a lesson in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment