Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Google Docs: Characters in a story

Google Docs is a tool you can use through your google account to create all sorts of different things. I used Google Docs to create a worksheet for my students to use to show what they have learned about our lesson on describing characters in a story. I have created a template and will use this template I have created in Google Docs to print and hand out to each student in my class. First we will be reading a book as a class, after we have finished the book being read aloud to them in class I will hand out this worksheet and they will be given time in class to work on their worksheet. Once the students have finished their worksheet I will have a chance to look through them during recess, this will allow me as the teacher to see what each student understands and what I might need to reteach. It will also allow me to see which students need more time to finish their worksheet or extra help with learning this standard. Like I said briefly before Google Docs is a great tool to use to create lesson plans. One thing that I really like about Google Docs is that you can share your lesson plans with other teachers. You can even choose to share them with your students and their parents. As you can see Google Docs is a great tool to use for easy sharing and easy access for self and others. If you don't have a google account make one, its free and easy.

Reading Literature Standard 7: English Language Arts Grade 1
Objective: Use Illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, settings, or events

ISTE: Global Collaborator
I strive to broaden my perspective, understand others and work effectively in teams using digital tools.

Educational Technology Standard 5:
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3,4)

Teaching Ideas: What do you know about the character?

No comments:

Post a Comment